Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shea Stadium

  1. I had acupuncture this week.
  2. I had many revelations while talking to my sponsor.
  3. I saw Narc again and am still confused about our relationship/non-relationship.
  4. I went to a SLAA meeting (and saw someone I knew).
  5. I just got back from my family's place for Passover.

On the train to Long Island, I passed Shea Stadium. They are building a new stadium right next to the old one. (The new one is called "Citifield" I think).

Right now, the two stadiums are standing next to each other-- the old one and the new, not quite finished. They are crowding that space. There is no room or need for two stadiums. But the old can't quite be demolished just yet. That's kind of how I feel about my life right now-- about myself.



Anyway, I've also been giving a lot of thought to the purpose of this blog.

I tried on my high school graduation dress tonight. It fits me again.

BigSis and Bro-in-Law decided on a name for their baby, but I'm going to keep quiet about it for the time being.

That's it for now.

love,
h

2 comments:

shorty said...

Purpose for the blog!

Food for thought. Only you can digest it.

Anonymous said...

I remember when they were building the new Miller Park in Milwaukee, right next to where the old County Stadium was. It was an odd juxtaposition. To this day, I still prefer County Stadium, but it's gone...the only thing left is a little plaque where home plate used to be.

It's different with yourself, though...I don't think you can ever really build a new you. You evolve. It's based on where you've come from, and you've come a long way, Hyde. :)