Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fontainebleau!

(su voi schiude il pensier i vanni!)

Feeling good for once... So, I thought I'd post to keep this blog from being all gloom and doom!

I just ate an orange and I'm tired in a good way. Today was a good day. The weather was gorgeous, I got to go to therapy (which I wait for every week!), I got a pedicure and then as a nice surprise, met B for lunch.

After lunch with B, I went over to my voice lesson, where I saw Cherubino for a few minutes, and then had a kick ass lesson. I had been sort of hating the aria I'm working on-- Tu che le vanita from "Don Carlo." But today I loved it! I totally get it on an emotional level. In fact, even though it's Elizabeth Valois singing about her homeland in France and her love for her stepson, I could totally relate.

After that, I called a new woman that I met at AA on Monday-- the meeting I spoke at-- and we had a really nice chat. She made a suggestion to me (one still to personal to write about just yet), but it gave me something to think about.

Then I ordered in some takeout, watched an episode of One Life to Live (Todd is being deliciously maniacal these days!) and then I got dressed for my latest adventure-- Flamenco classes. I signed up for a five week workshop at a dance studio in Times Square.

The class was awesome. I'm sure I'll have more to say about it in the coming weeks, but I don't feel like processing anything right now.

Then I chatted with my mom and ate the aforementioned orange.

So... Narc ignored my text today. So... I'm anxious. So... what? So what? It's out of my control. My therapist thinks I need to accept feeling my feelings.

And overall, I have to say-- I have a pretty interesting and blessed life.

So... that's it for now. Perhaps I'll be back with more tomorrow.

love,
h

1 comment:

HistoryGeek said...

Flamenco dancing sounds awesome! I have a friend in DC who totally got into that.

Feeling your feelings can be really hard. I wish you patience and courage.