Monday, July 21, 2008

Monumental

I've started the somewhat monumental task of transferring my CD collection onto iTunes. Obviously, I had already done this in part, as every time I cared to hear a particular CD I would load it into the computer. But I never before undertook the entire project.

I must have at least 400 CD's. They take up a lot of shelf space. I want them out of my apartment. I'm trying to unclutter the place and get some better energy flowing.

So far, I've been working on the transfer for about a week-- every time I sit down to write a lesson plan, I try to copy a few CD's. I just finished my lesson on Social Darwinism and 19th century racism. I am listening to some Johnny Cash right now. I own nine Johnny Cash albums and haven't heard any of them in a long time. Some of the songs are so simple... so beautiful. Others make me laugh and think of AIR7 and of spring break in New Orleans a long time ago...

Yes... that was a long time ago.

love,
h

2 comments:

Billy said...

My boyfriend loves Johnny Cash. I'm not a fan. 400 CDs???? Wow...

HistoryGeek said...

I'm doing a similar thing, although not into iTunes. I'm having fun with it.