Wednesday, July 30, 2008

...docendo discimus...

I've been working my ass off this week. Somehow I feel as if I've just awakened from a long sleep and have realized how much work there is to do! This Intellectual History course is still monopolizing my life. I need to find time to get those last incompletes done and start prepping for my orals.

I talked to Hammer on the phone yesterday. It seems that she's having a fun and productive research summer in Paris. I miss her over here though...

On Friday, Narc and I ate at Sabarsky. On Saturday I went to NJ for my friend's baby shower and got into a fight with my sisters and my mom. It led to a mini-breakdown and a lot of tears on Saturday night, but it was ultimately cathartic-- a good, healthy cry that I apparently needed. I stayed over Narc's that night and we went to the movies the next day. We grocery shopped at Whole Foods. I'm still feeling "out of love" with him. It's freaky. My fingers are crossed that it sticks. How liberating that would be...!

And since then, I've just been working... I bought some new clothes on Monday. I had dinner with Anxious last night. B found out that he's having a girl. BigSis' baby shower is this coming Saturday.

I think I like my new haircut after all. I feel like a different person-- a scholar, a woman, worldly somehow... Or just a New York City grad student. I kind of like it.

Hmmm...

3 comments:

shorty said...

What movie did you see?

B is expecting a baby? How did I miss that in a post. How are you with all of that?

Miss ya. I'll be in town in 2 weeks. Don't forget!

HistoryGeek said...

It always takes a little time to get used to a new haircut. It all sounds like good busy.

Anonymous said...

Didn't you have an African Adventure??? hmmm?